Why Bamboo Shades Are an Excellent Window Covering
When you move into a new home, one of the main decisions you have to make is your type of window treatments. With all the various window covering materials and styles, it can be confusing when trying to find the best ones for a home. However, you can’t go wrong with bamboo shades as they offer a wide range of benefits. Although bamboo shades have been around for many years, it’s only recently that they’ve surged in popularity. Here are some of the main benefits of bamboo shades, along with a few considerations and warnings.
These window shades are exceptionally sturdy as bamboo is one of the most durable raw materials you can find. Consider how bamboo is also used in making furniture and in building constructions. Furthermore, they do an excellent job of handling continual sunlight exposure, making them more durable than other products.
One of the main reasons for the popularity of bamboo shades is their privacy feature, making them ideal for bathrooms and bedrooms where privacy is especially important. When you need to have maximum light control, choose shades that have a light darkening backing that is used for keeping a bedroom dark. This feature can be especially helpful when you’re sick or if you work at night and sleep during daytime.
The eco-friendliness of bamboo shades is a huge perk. Being environmentally friendly is a desirable feature in all industries, but it’s even more needed for window coverings. This is because window coverings have the job of controlling light and heat coming into and out of a house.
If you’re on a tight budget, keep in mind that bamboo shades are considerably more affordable than other custom products and materials. Unlike steel and hardwood, which are more expensive and less available, bamboo grows extremely fast, so there’s a bigger supply.
- As bamboo shades have a delicate appearance, they can go with just about any type of design style.
- You can choose from various colors, ranging from light to dark shades. As a result, it’s easier to select just the right color that is best for any room in your house.
- Another significant benefit of bamboo shades is that they’re very easy to clean, so maintenance is simple.
- Bamboo shades can be installed anywhere in your home.
- Bamboo has the ability to enhance lighting in a house, which is something that ordinary shades cannot do.
- Because of their simplicity, roll-up bamboo shades do exceptionally well for windows with small panes. Just be sure you measure your windows so that you buy the correct size.
You can choose from four lining options.
- Privacy lining is sewn to a shade’s backside, giving you full privacy and uniform light.
- Blackout liner is a lining that’s sewn to the back of the shade that has the ability to block nearly all light that comes through the material.
- Duo shade lining features lining that’s white to the outside.
Considerations and Warnings
- Bamboo blinds come with several options, such as colored tape used for trimming the sides, privacy backings, motorized mechanisms and others. Before determining which options you need, think about how you plan to use them in a room as well as consider your lifestyle.
- When selecting your bamboo shades, chose ones that are also suited for outdoors as this can enhance a patio door or porch. Outdoor shades should have non-rusting metal components that can withstand outdoor conditions.
- If you live in a humid, rainy climate, don’t buy outdoor shades made of a natural fiber because they won’t be able to endure the weather.
- Choose colors that go with your décor. Besides coming in natural colors, there are also bamboo shades that are light brown, parchment, mahogany and honey-colored.
- Dark hues, such as olive or mahogany, are excellent choices for roll-up bamboo blinds, while cream-colored hues are better for letting in a lot of light.
Are you in the market for new window coverings? Visit the window covering specialists at Just Blinds. Please contact us and find out more about our wide selection of products.