8 Quick Decor Tips That Will Make Your Home Holiday-Ready
It’s the holiday season and you’re feeling festive and excited. But is your home holiday-ready? Think big, beautiful and bright! Lush holiday wreaths, beautiful lights, hints of the outdoors with greenery and the ideal display. Need a little inspiration? Well, we’ve got you covered with 8 decor tips that are just perfect and easy for the holidays, which your family will love.
1. Spruce up your home with a DIY wreath
Sure, there are many gorgeous wreaths in stores (and there’s no shame in buying one!) but how about going the DIY route? Make it a family project or do it yourself!
- Choose a fresh, undecorated wreath and pick out decor that suits your home. Think bright colors, ornaments, ribbons, bells and fruit!
- If you’re thinking red and gold this holiday season, consider fresh red carnations, roses and tulips.
- Strings of cranberries are also always festive!
2. Entice your guests with a fruit display
Having a fruit display in your home is a beautiful and edible centerpiece for the home. Think fresh fruits, nuts and dried fruits in a woven basket or big wooden bowl. Think bright, lovely and in-season:
- Dried cranberries
3. Or how about an ornament display?
You can always display ornaments. Dust off the ornaments in your attic or go out and buy a few new pieces for the perfect display.
- Think big gold, red and silver ornaments for a classic touch.
- Or get creative with your favorite holiday photographs, figurines, artificial snowflakes or flameless candles.
4. Bring the lushness of the outdoors inside your home
There is so much sheer beauty outdoors, so why not take some of that beauty into your home?
- Consider indoor, potted plants in unique, striking pots.
- Take a peek at some of these indoor plants recommended by Midwest Living, which include the pretty anthurium, the delicate asparagus fern, the striking snake plant, the lovely Christmas cactus and the statement-making ficus.
5. Dazzle with an elegant mantel
If you find that your mantel is bare, consider making it showy and decorative.
- Spruce up your mantel with big, flowing greenery and pinecones.
- How about fresh fruit and potted plants placed decoratively and elegantly?
6. Give the dinner table a festive flair!
You absolutely cannot forget the dinner table and there are so many ways that you can decorate this essential space.
- Go classic with sophisticated red, white and green. Consider a wine red tablecloth with pristine white dinnerware, sprawling greenery on the table and deep red candles.
- How about incorporating gold? A touch of gold can make any space festive and upscale, whether it’s incorporated in the ornaments, the candleholders, gold ribbons here and there or glitter.
7. Ways to put make your lights dazzling
The lights in your holiday decor are one of the most enchanting elements. Consider some of these lighting ideas that will make your home bright and festive.
- Consider putting strings of lights not just on the tree but in clear, glass displays, which you can fill with ornaments, greenery and pinecones.
- How about a modern, wooden tree display? These can easily be transformed into dazzling displays for lights, spray paint in rich gold and hanging snowflakes.
8. And you can’t forget the tree!
The Christmas tree is one of the easiest and most showy ways to add flair to your home.
- You don’t just have to top your tree with a star. Think anything winter or festive! Consider a big gold ribbon, a festive figurine, a playful Santa hat or a glittery snowflake.
- For the tree itself, spray paint and glitter are quick ways to add a little glamour!
There are so many ways to make your home holiday-ready in a matter of minutes and to dazzle your guests. For more information about the home and getting the perfect blinds for your windows, contact us at Just Blinds.