The 3 Best Choices When Choosing Window Treatments for your Bathroom
When considering window treatments for the bathroom you want to make sure that you choose something that looks great, provides the privacy you need and operates easily as well. Here are three options that fit the bill perfectly …
1. Wood Shutters
Wood shutters are a classic in the bathroom. They offer a uniform look — from both inside the room and outside the house, and add an element of warmth without being fussy or difficult to care for. They also provide flexible light control, and complement most any style of decor. Follow the links below from some examples of how interior designers and savvy homeowners have used wood shutters in some of the stylish bathrooms they’ve created …
- Here, shutters are used on the bottom half of the window only, affording both privacy and plenty of light in this airy bathroom.
- Airflow, light and privacy coexist thanks to the shuttered window in this beautiful white bathroom.
- Shutters provide the perfect window treatment on arched windows, since they afford privacy while allowing the beauty of the window to take a starring role.
2. Composite or Faux Wood Blinds
If you love the look of wood blinds but worry about them warping in a high humidity environment, choose a faux wood blind. (EverWood by Hunter Douglas is a gorgeous, high-quality choice.) They’re both durable and beautiful and will complement any bathroom style from classic to rustic. Plus, they’re wonderfully adjustable, providing complete privacy, or allowing in as much or as little light as you desire.
3. Motorized Window Treatment
Motorized window treatments are a great option for your bathroom’s windows. Being able to operate your window treatment remotely means you don’t have to fuss with closing curtains or a blind while you’re in the tub, and also opens you to the option of a top down/bottom up shade which has the advantage of providing plenty of privacy while still allowing light in (or even allowing a view of a starry sky or a pretty snowstorm while you bathe)!
You also have a variety of choices when it comes to a motorized window treatment. You can choose from an elegant roman shade, an energy-efficient and modern-looking cellular shade, drapes and even blinds, giving you loads of versatility when it comes to putting the perfect crowning touch on a beautiful bathroom. Here are just a few possibilities …
- A top down/bottom up motorized blind looks lovely over this freestanding tub, and provides privacy below — where it counts — while allowing light to flood the room at the same time!
- Here, a stunningly simple white cellular top down/bottom up motorized shade keeps the bathroom toasty warm andprivate, as light pours in from above.
- In this elegant bathroom, the rod and mechanism that controls the motorized drapes is cleverly hidden by a soffit. (With a window this tall, a motorized treatment is definitely the most practical solution.)
When you choose your bathroom window treatment, it’s best to skip the big box store options and buy from someone who specializes in custom window treatments. You’ll not only have more design options, but when you work with professionals who work with and know every available window treatment option available, you also get the benefit of eliminating any guesswork on your part. Even better, they’ll measure and install your window treatment so that it’s as perfect and lovely as everything other careful detail in the room!
In Central Alabama the window pros to consult are the folks at Just Blinds, who’ve been serving the region for more than three decades. We’ll help you choose the perfect window treatment for you bathroom — or any room and any size or shape of window you’re looking to enhance! Contact us today for a free onsite consultation!